Saturday, August 13, 2005

Time heals all wounds

It's coming up on two years since mom passed away and time has healed most wounds. Not sure if I want them all to go away though. Amazing how memories come back in huge "floods" every once in a while. A few days ago, August 9th to be exact, thought of mom came back to me in heavy waves. I was having lunch and there was an old man sitting at the table in front of me with only a drink. He was concentrated heavily on something in front of him but I could not tell what. As I cocked my nosy head over to see, I noticed he had poured out an entire change purse on the table and was slowly counting pennies and rolling them in coin wrappers. Not exactly sure why this image was so powerful with me - maybe because I've seen Mom do the same thing or maybe because I could vision her doing the same thing today. It was probably neither of the two, but simply because it was my birthday and she wanted to greet me a Happy Birthday in really the only way she can - by providing me an image of her. Whatever the reason, that's the one I'm going with. Thanks for remembering Mom. I heard you.

This blog is open to all comments from family and extended family. My small way of keeping her memory going on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com