Saturday, September 17, 2005

2 year mark

Well, it is the eve of the 2nd anniversary of Mom's passing (September 18th). I have not blogged on this site for a while since it's typically too hard to do, but I felt I had to on this day. Don't know if anybody knows or not, but I kept a journal of events during that time and I want to post just one entry that I find kind of funny. For those of you reading this that are unfamiliar of mom's exact condition at the time, this may sound a little crude, but for the family during this time these were moments of "comic relief" and even mom herself, when she was awake, would laugh when we told her some of the things that happened. I have also included a picture of Jeremy with the grandparents he will not meet in person - although we will all be happily together forever one day in the future!

The journal entry below from June 2, 2002:
Another good day. I can get used to this. The respirator was set at a PEEP of 10 and pressure of 60% (down from 75% yesterday). All vital signs were good and she was not holding a fever. We all went to the afternoon visit, stayed the entire time and went to Dim Sum for lunch. Deb thought it may be a good idea to keep a record of all the things we do as a family so that mom would not miss anything when she woke up. Since I have already been doing this I figured I could just keep this up, but maybe even get more detailed. We went back to the hospital for the 4PM visit and mom was very rested. She had just had a bowel movement a few minutes before we got there, and did AGAIN while Ronnie and I were in the room. Ruby knew it right away just by looking at her face. As Ronnie and I waited outside while they changed her, we heard her lay a terrific fart which lightened the mood. We left the hospital in pretty good spirits for the second day in a row because of the significant progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com